Wednesday 2 July 2014

C1 COURSE REVIEW

How can I really sum up this C1 course in a nutshell? That's the question I asked myself when I started to write these lines.
Firstly, the illusion of the beginning mixed with the responsibility of finishing the huge tasks we had to do and the high level of my classmates, it was a demanding plus that made me to do my best.
Apart from this, I had a very bad time just after Christmas, when I was aware that it was impossible for me sometimes to combine all the activities I had to do with my job and my family responsibilities. To be honest, I have to say that I considered dropping out the C1 course because I had no time for my wife and my two young daughters. But at that moment, I realized that I enjoyed attending English classes without pressure of homework and my wife encouraged me to continue because she noticed that it was important for me.
 Moreover, that particular day Emilio gave us a superb speech about what was really important in learning English, he said: "The thing is you come to class, and do not worry so much if you can do or not all the tasks I demand, because it is here where we can practice and learn as much or more than doing exercises, activities are very important but they are not the only thing”. You were right Emilio, and thank you for telling me in that particular moment!
From this moment till the end of the course I enjoyed my English classes in a different way. I participated more than I used to do, I tried to do everything I could but without pressure and the most important thing, I consider that the moments and the experiences we lived, the topics we discussed were so interesting, that it was worth attending your classes in English, in Spanish or in Chinese.
Finally I would like to say that the atmosphere we created in the classroom with my classmates "the small circle" was something I have not felt for a long time and I do not know when it will be repeated.
Thanks Emilio for everything you taught me and also for trying to improve my English to the best of my ability!



 Signed: Alfonso Rodríguez Láinez





No comments:

Post a Comment